常見問題 FAQ

(1) 報讀課程 Admission



Q: When does the admission period begin?
A: The admission period for this program will begin in October 2023. The application deadline will be in April 2024. Students will start their studies in September 2024.


Q: 請問錄取結果大約會於何時公佈?
A: 獲錄取者將於每年七月前收到錄取通知。

Q: When will the admission results to be announced?
A: Successful applicants will be informed before July each year.



Q: I only hold a bachelor's degree from a non-local university, am I eligible to apply for this postgraduate program?
A: Yes, holding a bachelor's degree with second-class honors or above (or an equivalent qualification) makes you eligible to apply for the program. For detailed entry requirements and required documents, you may refer to the information provided here.



Q: The university I graduated from does not include an honors degree in its grading system, will this affect my application?
A: No, it won't. Although this program requires students to hold at least a bachelor's degree with second-class honors.  If your university does not adopt this grading system, the requirement for second-class honors will not apply to you.


Q: 我持有的不是文學學士學位或相關科目的學士學位,請問我仍然會有被錄取的機會嗎?
A: 本課程歡迎所有對寫作及文化有熱誠,以及符合入讀課程要求的人士報讀。即使持有的學士學位不是文學學士或相關科目,均獲取同等被錄取的機會。

Q: My bachelor's degree is not in literature or a related field. Do I still have a chance of being admitted?
A: This program welcomes individuals who are passionate about writing and culture and who fulfil the admission requirements. Even if your bachelor's degree is not in literature or a related field, you have the opportunity for admission.


Q: 如果我的母語是英語,請問我是否可以直接通過英語語文能力要求而不須遞交英語公開考試成績?
A: 根據現階段的收生要求,閣下仍需要提交英語公開考試成績。有關詳細的語文考試要求,你可以參考這裡

Q: If my native language is English, can I fulfill the English language requirement without providing documentation?
A: According to the current admission requirements, you still need to submit your English proficiency test scores. For detailed language test requirements, you may refer to the information provided here.


Q:請問課程接受TOEFL iBT Home Edition Scores的成績作為報讀資料嗎?
A:抱歉,本課程暫時不接受TOEFL iBT Home Edition Scores的成績作為報讀資料。

Q: Are TOEFL iBT Home Edition Scores Recognized?
A: TOEFL iBT Home Edition Scores are not recognized currently.


Q: 如果我尚未獲得托福、雅思或其他公開考試的成績,我可以先報讀課程,再補交成績嗎?
A: 你仍然可以先報讀課程,並之後補上你的成績。請於提交報名表時,一同備註你可以後補成績的日期。

Q: If I haven't received my TOEFL, IELTS, or other official exam scores, can I apply for the program first and submit the result later?
A: Yes. You may apply for the program first and submit your scores later. When submitting your application form, please indicate the date you will be able to provide the scores.


Q: 如果我的母語是中文,請問我可以直接通過中文的語文能力要求嗎?
A: 根據現階段的收生要求,閣下仍需要提交指定的中文公開考試成績,或通過香港浸會大學人文及創作學系的中文語文能力測試。有關詳細的語文考試要求,你可以參考這裡

Q: If my native language is Chinese, may I fulfill the Chinese language requirement without providing documentation?
A: According to the current admission requirements, you still need to submit the specified Chinese public exam scores, or pass the Chinese language proficiency test conducted by the Department of Humanities and Creative Writing at Hong Kong Baptist University. For detailed language exam requirements, you can refer to the information provided here.



Q: Besides the 12 to 15-page writing sample and a 1-page master's research/creative project proposal in Chinese or English, do I need to provide additional materials such as a self-introduction, portfolio, resume, or recommendation letters in the application?
A: Besides the writing sample and the master's research/creative project proposal, other materials such as self-introduction, portfolio, resume, or recommendation letters are not mandatory. However, you may submit additional materials through the application system if you wish.



  • 闡述對於此創作或研究項目的概要,包括題目、背景、目標和研究或創作方法等;
  • 提出有關創意寫作的研究項目,或以短篇故事、詩作、非虛構甚至混合類型的創作項目;並
  • 清楚列明選用的語言為英文或是中文。

Q: Is there any specific format that I should follow in writing this proposal?
A: In the proposal, you should:

  • provide a brief description of the project, including title, background, objectives, methodologies, etc.
  • propose a traditional research project that is related to creative writing, or a creative project which explores topics in the form of short story, poetry, creative non-fiction or mixed genre.
  • state clearly the language you choose (English or Chinese) for the project.


Q: 在提交計劃書後,如果日後我對碩士論文有了新的想法,我可以改變論文內容嗎?
A: 可以。報名時提交的計劃書並非最終定案,你可與你的論文導師討論,並在往後的日子更改論文內容。

Q: If I have an idea for my Master Project that differs from what I originally proposed, may I pursue it? 
A: Yes, you may modify your proposal and find new directions for your project with the guidance of your project advisor after the initial proposal. 



Q: If I submit an English research proposal during the application, may I change to write the Project in Chinese later – or vice versa?  
A: Yes, it is possible. The research proposal submitted during the application is not final. After your admission, we will confirm with you the language you wish to use for your project. Based on the language preference and thesis topic, you will be assigned to a specific thesis supervisor. Once you have been assigned an advisor, however, you may not change the language choice.


Q: 我可以同時兼讀兩個碩士學位課程嗎?我會否因為同時修讀另一個碩士學位課程而失去入讀你們課程的資格?

Q: Can I pursue two master's degree programs simultaneously? Will I lose eligibility for your program if I am concurrently enrolled in another master's degree program?
A: Hong Kong Baptist University does not limit the number of master's degree programs a student can concurrently pursue. As long as you can effectively manage your schedule and class attendance, you are allowed to enroll in two master's degree programs at the same time.



Q: I am a citizen of the People's Republic of China. If I am admitted, do I need to apply for a student visa?
A: Yes, you will need to apply for a student visa whether you are admitted as a full-time or part-time student. After submitting the reservation fee, you will receive an email by the University on applying student visa, about one week after you have settled the admission confirmation fee. As the Immigration Department of Hong Kong normally takes at least two months to process a visa application, you should complete your visa application via the University Student Visa Application System as early as possible to ensure a smooth application process. Please carefully read the instructions and prepare the required documents before applying.



(2) 課程內容 Studying



Q:What is the difference between full-time study and part-time study? Are they different in terms of certification
A:Both full-time and part-time require the same number of units and receive the same certificate. The only difference is that the study mode will be stated on the academic transcript. Students are able to choose daytime studying mode if they can manage their time. However, full-time students are required to attend some classes in the evening. Further, full-time students must finish their master’s projects in one year, while part-time students are allowed two years for completion.



Q: What is the tuition fee for each semester?
A: Upon admission, students are required to pay an admission confirmation fee of HK$300 and the first installment of the tuition fee. For the tuition fee of each semester, you may refer to the table below:


第一期 1st installment

第二期 2nd installment

總額 Total


Local (full-time)






89,600 89,600 179,200




1st installment


2nd installment


3rd installment


4th installment




Local (part-time)







Non-Local (part-time)








Q: When is the deadline for the first installment of tuition fee? And what are the payment methods?
A: Following the specific payment methods provided by the Graduate School, applicants are required to complete payment within two weeks from the date of the issuance of the offer letter. The deadline and amount for the first installment will be stated in the offer letter. Once the tuition fee is paid, the application will be considered  successful.


Q: 請問全日制和兼讀制學生分別有建議修課編排嗎?
A: 有,課程上課時間一般是平日晚上及週末日間,而全日制和兼讀制學生的建議修課編排請參閱課程內容

Q: Are the full-time and part-time teaching modes arranged differently?
A: Yes. In general, class time is arranged for weekday evenings and daytime on weekends. Please refer to the Course Structure for the recommended study plans.




Q:Can I transfer credit from courses taken in a postgraduate program at another university?
A:Yes, on the approval of the admission panel, a student may transfer credit from a recognized institution no more than eight years before the date of commencement of your studies. Note that the maximum number of credits that can be transferred is 50% of the total credits required. You may also refer to the “Exemption and Transfer of Units” section of the Hong Kong Baptist University Graduate School website.


A:MACWCP課程由人文及創作系全職與兼職教員任教。課程導師主要為作家、創意工業專業人士(包括填詞人、劇作家、文化文學雜誌編輯)及學者。全職導師包括香港小說家唐睿博士、謝曉虹博士、澳洲作家Dr. Patrick Holland、美國詩人Mr. James Shea、酷兒研究學者金曄路。你可以在這裡找到本系教職員的資料。

Q:Who will teach the MA programme?
A:The programme will be taught by both full-time and part-time teaching staff of HKBU’s Department of Humanities and Creative Writing. These are comprised of acclaimed authors, cultural professionals (e.g. lyrcists, playwrights, cultural and literal magazine editors, professional authors etc.) and scholars. The full-time staff comprise Hong Kong novelists Dr. TONG Yui, Dr. Dorothy TSE, Australian author Dr. Patrick Holland, and American poet Mr. James Shea, and scholar of queer studies Dr. CHONG Gladys Pak Lei. For more details, you may refer to the information provided here.


Q: 請問這個課程會不會提供出國的實習/交流機會?
A: 本課程暫時未有提供出國交流或實習的機會,但同學可以選讀 “Practicum in Literary Publishing” 一科,在導師帶領下,參與本地文化/文學雜誌的出版工作。另外,我們亦鼓勵本課程的同學參與浸會大學的國際作家工作坊(IWW)華語作家創作坊(CWW)活動,同學不必出國即可以和不同地區的作家進行交流。

Q: Will this course provide opportunities for overseas internships/exchanges?
A: Currently, the course does not offer opportunities for overseas exchanges or internships. However, students may choose to take the course "Practicum in Literary Publishing," where they may participate in local cultural/literary magazine publishing under the guidance of a tutor. Additionally, we encourage students in this program to participate in the International Writers' Workshop (IWW) and Chinese Writers' Workshop (CWW), both organized by Hong Kong Baptist University, where they may engage in exchanges with writers from different regions without the need to go abroad.



Q: Is this MA progamme in the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme (TPgFS)?
A: Our programme is currently not in the Fellowship Scheme, but we are in the process of making such arrangements with our University.


Q: 請問本課程的學生將在甚麼時候畢業?
A: 全日制學生可於一年內完成課程,兼讀則須兩年。即9月入學的全日制學生可於來年7月畢業,正式的畢業證書會由浸會大學統一頒授。詳細資訊可於研究院的網頁查詢。

Q: When will students in this course graduate?
A: Full-time students can complete the program within one year, while part-time students will require two years. Full-time students who are admitted in September will graduate in July of the following year, and the official graduation certificate will be issued by Hong Kong Baptist University. For more detailed information, please refer to the Graduate School's webpage.